- About us
- Electrical Services
- Electric Vehicle Charging
- Eco Builds
- Contact Us
Excel Electrical Services ltd – Data Protection Policy
The Data Protection Act 1998
The Data Protection Act 1998 regulates the processing of personal data. The Act requires us to give information about our data processing activities and how we deal with the information that we hold.
Personal data is defined as any information relating to a living individual from which he or she can be identified (such as a person’s name, address or date of birth).
The personal data that we collect consists of names, addresses and contact details (email address and phone number)
Personal information is held on our database.Hard copies of information on our database are occasionally made where necessary to provide our services. Photocopies may occasionally be made of manual records, such as quotes, invoices and electrical certificates
Access to our database is restricted through the use of passwords. Records may be retrieved, consulted, adapted, modified or copied from time to time. Records are reviewed periodically and non-relevant records are deleted. We will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep all data accurate and up to date.
If we provide information to a third party (examples include providers of a product or service we will exercise strict control over the third party, requiring it:
• maintain the security and confidentiality of the information and restrict access to those of its own employees;
• use the data for the agreed purpose only and prevent it being used for any other purpose by any other party;
• In addition, we will restrict the information disclosed to the absolute minimum necessary.
Disclosure of Information
• Excel Electrical Services does not disclose information to third parties for marketing purposes.
• Data is only shared with third parties and professional advisors where it is necessary to do so for the purpose of the provision of our services.
• Data is shared between Excel Electrical Services and Building Control where it is necessary to do so for the purpose of registration of electrical certification.
• Address details may occasionally be supplied to Electrical Wholesalers for the delivery of goods directly to site of the project when necessary.
• Data will be occasionally supplied to other trade contractors who are assigned to your project e.g. builder, plumber, decorator
• Upon your verbal instruction your details will be given to other tradesman you have requested we engage to provide you with a quote for additional projects.
• If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with legal obligation, or to protect the rights, property or safety of Excel Electrical Services Ltd, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We will maintain confidentiality of your information even after your job is completed. Aside from the categories already mentioned your information will not be disclosed to anyone else except where we are legally compelled to do so, where there is a duty to the public to disclose, where disclosure is necessary to protect Excel Electrical Services Ltd interests or where the disclosure is made with your consent or at your request.
Period of Retention of Data
Excel Electrical Services Ltd will retain your information for 10 years and 3 months to allow the required time for renewal notification of electrical testing certification.
You have the right to be informed of the information that we hold on you within 40 days. You also have the right to request that all inaccuracies be amended. All enquiries should be addressed to the “Data Protection Controller” at our company registered address.